: : D E E P   S T U F F : :

Saturday, July 29, 2006

China Trip: Saturday, 29 July 2006

8:00am
A teary farewell as the teaching assistants and some of our students came to the church to see us off. I received some pickled radishes from Sun. The Heyuan specialty – yummy stuff! Elin gave an exceptionally big hug and sobbed till her glasses fogged. Poor thing! I read a letter that she wrote and we bonded like big brother and little sister. I didn't cry until I was on the bus and well on the way towards Guangzhou Airport. We left Jenny and Megan behind as they will be heading towards HK by bus and spending 3 nights there.




Last goodbyes

Megan told me that the night before, Sophie kept crying and wouldn’t let go of her. Poor girl, I had hoped she would come today. Her smile was one of those things I would miss the most:

Smiling Sophie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home