: : D E E P   S T U F F : :

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

China Trip: Wednesday, 26 July 2006

8:00am
I was greeted many times with birthday well wishes this morning. Even baby Sam gave me a quick headbutt (I think he means a hug!) In class, the topic was honour, and I taught the class about who we honour (everyone!), what dishonour means and its consequences, and how we can honour a dishonoured person (encourage, cheer up, make friends). We then had a little activity where they wrote their names on a piece of paper, placed it into a basket and then picked a random name. Notes of encouragement were then written for their secret recipient. We made the point clear to keep the sender a secret too: when you honour (or love) someone, there is no need to let everyone know what you're doing.

9:30am
We rehearsed our two concert songs again and they are certainly getting better, with the majority having already memorised the songs. They're still pronouncing the word as "nussing" though!

10:30am
We had a class party and coincidentally, they celebrated my birthday. The students chipped in (while Frank, Jenny, Megan and Chan Soon forked out the rest) for this huge birthday cake. That's 2 large double tiered cakes I've had: enough to last a lifetime! The students brought a lot of food to share, including a large watermelon! I also showed them a slide show of photos from my past. They seemed to enjoy it! They also managed to sign their names on a T-shirt, apparently done on one of the half-hour breaks! Awesome present! I'm not one to accept material gifts - but this is an exception! ^_~

















We also had some party games, including "Pass-the-Parcel", with Miko winning the koala keyrings inside. We managed to get everyone to make the longest string using one Minties wrapper. Effi had quite a long string, and then Felix looked to be the clear winner for a while – until I noticed how long the quiet Zhi Xin's Mintie wrapper-string was. When we measured the strings, Zhi Xin's beat Felix’s by a mere 2 inches! I was glad it was her who won as I know that this was an achievement on her part.

Effi - 3rd place

Felix - 2nd place

Zhi Xin - 1st place!! How long is that!?!

7:00pm
In the evening, we dined at KFC. The burger I had was a double fillet spicy burger. The chicken pieces they had here tasted good, but were quite small. I took some burger pictures – what you see is certainly not what you'll get:



23: my first birthday overseas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home