: : D E E P   S T U F F : :

Sunday, July 23, 2006

China Trip: Sunday, 23 July 2006

7:30am
"Cheong Fun" was for breakfast. The church was already packed for the 8:00am service. The members actually practise the song they will sing in the service. Big difference compared to back home: people come after the singing sometimes! Here, even the courtyard was lined with people: their "overflow room" was outside. People sat literally anywhere and everywhere!





Crowded house – packed inside and out!

10:00am
We joined the 2nd service, which was in Mandarin. The first service was in Hakka, the local dialect. The team presented a song in Mandarin, "Flowers in the Field". After the service, an elderly lady asked to be prayed for. An interpreter explained that the lady wanted prayer for her husband who had a disease and is currently unhappy with his job. I had permission to pray in English, and I gave her my blessings. God – You know her heart’s cry. Hear it, I pray, and grant it! I also had a chat with some of the locals: Anthony, who is a Materials Manager (of a factory manufacturing industrial tools), and Maria Yu, a lady who can speak quite good English. The sermon’s topic was focused on doing God’s work for God, not for man. We are here to serve, and to glorify God through it! Actually, this was a little miracle for me: I was praying that I will somehow be a blessing and to be used by God in some way, even if I did not understand the culture or language. When the lady asked me, amongst the others in my team, to pray for her, I was inwardly rejoicing to be given this opportunity.

Fervent – praying at the end of the service

5:00pm
Effi Du, Agent Lau and Nixilly Lan – were a few of the surnames I’ve learnt. Them, and together with others from yesterday’s gang joined us for some shopping. I managed to buy a table-tennis racquet (¥64 = ~$11.43) for James and an air pump (¥3.21) for the Aussie football I brought.

7:30pm
We went to some restaurant a 20 minute drive into the sticks. It was very remote, and the restaurant had a garden dining area – very nice! The food was superb – especially the fried yam/taro balls. It was ¥400 (= ~$71.43) for 14 people!


Dining al fresco – Megan, I can’t even do a red-eye reduction on those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home